Monday 18 April 2016

Fish Fingers

I enjoyed doing this one with the kids - and they ate them (the youngest doesn't like bought frozen fish fingers).

Ingredients

  • 2 pieces of bread (I used the crusts)
  • rind of a small lemon (zest and juice)
  • 1/2 tablespoon of paprika
  • 3 tablespoons of plain flour
  • pinch salt and pepper
  • 250g Frozen or Fresh Fish
  • 3 tablespoons of aqua faba (I used straight from tin chickpea water)

Method

  • Preheat oven to 180C
  • Whiz up the breadcrumbs and put on a plate
  • Zest lemon then juice. I forgot to do it that way round - made zesting interesting.
  • Mix the flour, paprika, salt, pepper and lemon zest in one bowl
  • Whisk aqua faba for 30 seconds in another bowl
  • Cut fish into 2cm strips (mine didn't stay as strips but close enough)
  • Spray some oil on a baking tray
  • Dip fish in the flour mix, then the aqua faba, and finally the breadcrumbs.
  • Place fish on the baking tray and spray a bit of oil on them again.
  • Cook for approx 15 - 18mins
I served these with some crinkled chips and peas, with my peas I mashed lightly with a fork, added some chopped mint and a bit of lemon juice. Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment