|They didn't sink! Yeah.|
- 145g sifted plain flour
- 150g caster sugar (or vanilla sugar)
- 20g nice quality cocoa powder
- 62g vegetable oil
- 175ml water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- small pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 100g of choc chips
- pre-heat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Set out the cupcake cases
- In a bowl, sift the flour, bicarb of soda, salt and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add sugar and mix well
- Add oil, water, choc chips and vanilla essence and mix well
- Pour into cupcakes
- Cook for approx 22 mins
NotesOriginal recipe says it serves about 6, so I'm guessing a 8" tin, and says to grease a tin and pour in to the baking tin/ring and bake for 1 hour in the middle of the oven or until a knife inserted in to the centre comes out clean.
These tasted a little funny to us... The taste of bicarbonate of soda seemed to come through. Will be trying again with self raising flour or adding some orange/lemon juice to balance it out. I think even a bit of vinegar would help.